Saturday, July 31, 2010

No Cream-No Cry Penne Alla Vodka

I have a lot of pasta dishes I haven't done yet, so I better get cracking on these.

I discovered that I'm not a big fan of tomato cream sauces. Or maybe, just this one. I guess if I had to give this a grade, I'd give it a C. Again, another dish that wasn't terrible, it wasn't great, either.

The garlic bread was something I added in. It was NOT healthy by any stretch of the imagination. When I was shopping for the key ingredients to this recipe, I saw that Hannafords had a wheat garlic bread that you just threw in the oven. After ten minutes, I took it out and realized that there was about a half stick of butter that hadn't melted. I scrapped it off and we had that side the next day. It was pretty yummy, even with the butter scraped off.

Normally, this dish comes in at around 600 calories. Rocco's variation comes in at around 300.

0 comments:

Post a Comment