Monday, September 6, 2010

Mama-Approved Spaghetti and Meatballs

I originally did this recipe on August 22.

Spaghetti and meatballs is a classic recipe. It's also ridiculously high in calories. I've mostly used frozen meatballs in my cooking, but I think since I tried this, I might have to make fresh meatballs from now on. They were that good.

The way you make fresh meatballs kind of freaked me out. The recipe calls for uncooked meatballs be put straight in the sauce and to leave them in there until they are fully cooked. I was worried that the raw meat would somehow ruin the sauce. It didn't and these were close to the best meatballs I've ever had. They are just really tender and have a great taste to them. This recipe is definitely a keeper.

Normal spaghetti and meatballs is around 1500. This recipe is just under 350 calories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment