Saturday, June 26, 2010

Chicken Piccata

So, this is the first of two recipes I tried this week that were just ok. It wasn't bad, just not great either. The few times I've had chicken picot I've enjoyed it. I guess I'm not a huge fan.

The thing about this recipe is that it uses basically the same lemon sauce as two of the fish recipes, so that just adds to the disappointment. It might be healthy but it just isn't outstanding.

I did make one screwup. I bought capers at the store, however, a few days later, when I went to look for them in our cupboard, I couldn't find them. But, capers shouldn't make or break this recipe. I pick the capers out of normal chicken piccata anyway.

Normal chicken piccata comes in at around 1000 calories, this one comes in at 250 calories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment