Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sweet Potato Puree

Sweet Potatoes, if you believe anything on the internet, are the most nutritious foods you can possibly eat. Ok, that might be up for debate, but they are good for you. Rocco includes a recipe for a sweet potato puree, which is useful if you need a quick, healthy side.

I did have to tweak this recipe. I love a baked sweet potato with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. This puree doesn't have any of that. I really like those flavors, so, what I did was add a bit of Molly McButter, for +5 calories, and a little bit of Truvia. My little tweaks really made it tasty and my wife didn't even notice I added a sweetener.

So, I guess when you add all the butter and sugar to this, it can be around 400 calories. The Rocco version is around 80 calories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment