Sunday, June 20, 2010

Oysters Rockefeller

I've only had oysters twice and I've never shucked my own. So, after visiting a total of 3 different grocery stores to find oysters, I went home and began shucking. First, actually, I watched several videos. It's really interesting that you pull them apart at the hinge, instead of the front or the side. In any case, it was a fun experience and I'll definitely want to try this again.

These came out awesome! I can't possibly explain how great they were. In fact, they served as my main dish for the night.

Normal oysters rockefeller have around 330 calories. This recipe has around 130 calories. Because my wife doesn't eat shellfish, I ended up eating her portion. Still, that's only 260. I'll definitely be making this again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment