Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crab Cakes

My wife's response to this: "I'm not chow'n down with the Browns tonight!". She does not like seafood, although she did try to eat it.

I haven't had many crab cakes before, so I don't have much to compare this with. I was a little disappointed myself. This is the third recipe in a row that hasn't been great. My problem with this is that these cakes aren't really "solid". They are very mushy in the middle and it's hard to scrape them off the pan. And the underside doesn't get cooked. So, when I had leftovers today, I flipped the cake over and broiled the other side. It came out better. I'm not sure if broiling is that great an idea for this recipe. Perhaps baking would have been a better idea.

Normal crab cakes 1000 calories. These come in at around 150 calories each.

0 comments:

Post a Comment