Friday, April 30, 2010

AWESOME Low Calorie Onion Rings

Another bad photo with a horrible camera flash. My flash will be returned to me hopefully soon and I will be able to get back to taking somewhat decent photos.

This has been one of my favorite recipes. It's crunchy, yummy, and has a zippy sauce to die for. All it takes are some vidalia onions, skim milk, egg whites, wheat flour, and panko whole wheat breadcrumbs. The secret is soaking the onions in the skim milk for 20 minutes. Then, toss them in wheat flour, a toss in egg whites, a toss in panko bread crumbs and you've got an awesome dish.

The sauce is real simple. Low fat Hellmans, liquid smoke, and a dash of tabasco. Now, I didn't have liquid smoke and didn't feel like spending hours looking for it. I did have worcestershire sauce, and it has no calories, so I substituted that. It tastes fantastic.

At some point, I'll come up with the best recipes of the month. This will be one of them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment