Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rockin' Asian Stir Fry Sauce

Wow, this has a lot of flavor! This basically the same sauce as Rocco's General Tso's Chicken. General Tso's has a little more kick to it. Anyway, I had already done this sauce once before, so I thought I'd add in my own ingredients. At Market Basket, I found in the produce section, a small bag of veggies, including carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. Usually, when I've tried stir fry, I have too many vegetables, so, this small bag was perfect.

I also changed up the way I do stir fry. Usually, I try to do a stir fry in a normal non stick frying pan. However, I kept reading about wok's and their advantages. Mainly, woks heat up to a higher temperature, and you can stack things higher in a wok. So, I stopped by one of Lowell's many Asian grocery stores and found this product. It is non stick, but, it isn't teflon.

The sauce itself comes in at 12 calories a serving, which is incredibly low. In addition, I used low salt soy sauce and low salt chicken broth. I also had left over rice noodles in the cupboard, so I used up those as well.

This is definitely by best stir fry I've ever done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment