Friday, April 9, 2010

Hot Artichoke Parmigiano Dip

I love dips. My favorite is Heluva Good Bodacious Onion Dip. Sit me down with a back of Market Basket Chips and Bodacious Onion Dip, and I could probably eat the whole thing.

Many restaurants have a great Hot Artichoke Dip. It's usually served with tortilla chips. Rocco's version called for a sliced whole wheat baguette, but I didn't have access to this. I used what I had, which was a whole wheat pita. Slice this up in triangles, toss in the oven for 6 minutes at 450°, and you got yourself some great chips. I also sometimes season these with olive oil, garlic or onion powder. I just season these with salt and baked them. No olive oil because I was trying to cut the fat. I've made these many times. Sometimes I'll bake these up as a late night snack and dip them in hummus. Anyway, enough about that.

The dip itself is pretty simple. 1 can of artichoke hearts in water, some garlic, spinach, low fat mayo, some parm cheese. Toss in the oven for a few minutes. Rocco says 2 minutes. In my oven it was more like 4 minutes.

The result is fantastic. I would have no idea that this was so low in calories. The restaurant style of this dip comes in at 900 calories. This version, which truly is as good, comes in at 200.

0 comments:

Post a Comment