Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mousse Part Deux!

Remember how my first mousse failed? I finally had success this week. I made real egg whites and beat them till they peaked. I did freak out a little after I folded in the chocolate part and did something I should have never done: I beat the whole mixture after I folded it in. Bad, bad, bad. However, the fridge healed the mousse and it congealed properly. Whew!

At first my wife thought it was was too strong, but she got used to it, especially the graham cracker crust. The graham cracker crust my idea, actually and not a part of Rocco's recipe. I had these little crusts left over from a couple weeks ago, so I decided to add them in to the recipe. It was a nice touch, if I say so myself.

By the way, including the crust, this is 265 calories. So, not bad at all, especially for such a rich chocolate dessert.

0 comments:

Post a Comment