Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rocco's Magnificent Mayo or How I Destroyed the Food Processor

I've never made my own mayo, much less a healthy one that comes in at 18 calories a serving. Since I was going to have a lot of left over chicken from another recipe this week, I thought that we would make chicken salad sandwiches for lunch and use the chicken up. 

I should put a disclaimer here for those who attempt this recipe. At one point, you will be food processing for 3 minutes straight. If you live in an apartment, this will probably annoy your neighbors. It annoyed us.

On the plus side, this mayo has a great flavor. It's going to be a great substitute to real mayo.

The other part of the story is that I destroyed our Food Processor. Perhaps leaving it on for 3 minutes straight or something. When I was scraping some of the processed stuff back down the side of the mixing bowl, my spatula got stuck. The blade wouldn't pull out. Finally, after a bit of wiggling around, I got the spatula free. Then I couldn't get the blade, which had pulled out a little, back down. Finally, after pushing really hard, it got back down to where I thought it was supposed to be. I locked in the cover and proceeded to pulverize the mayo some more. After it was done, the blade top, which is made of plastic had melted a little bit to the top of the food processor cover. I'm still not sure what happened. I will put in a call to Cuisinart to get new parts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment