Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Feel Awful About Falafels

I have a great falafel recipe. Unfortunately, it involves frying the mashed chickpea ball in lots of hot oil. It is so good, yet so bad.

I was really excited to try this Rocco recipe. So, I followed all the directions very carefully. It smelled great. The dressing looked like it was going to be awesome. Then, when it came to the taste, it was terrible. It was dry and way to garlicky. This was baked in the oven instead of deep fried. I also remembered that the recipe I liked uses fresh parsely, which this recipe does not.

Well, come to find out, I missed something in the directions. I accidentally substituted coriander for cumin. My recipe does call for coriander, so I think that was what threw me off. Still, it was a little dry for my taste. Rocco does have a recipe for flash fried chicken. I think I will try my recipe for falafel, but flash fry it instead. Perhaps this will give me a healthier option then the full fried version.

0 comments:

Post a Comment